February 25, 2015
Sprint Network Information Center
Following a nationwide multi-year overhaul, Sprint's 3G voice network and 4G LTE network, provide customers across the country with significantly better call quality and faster data speeds in more places than before.
Sprint provides 4G LTE service covering more than 270 million. Sprint 4G LTE offers peak wireless speeds of 25Mbps and is designed to greatly improve the performance of video and audio applications. Customers can expect to experience the following performance improvements:
- Faster data speeds that enable instant Web access for news updates, HD viewing and game-playing, quicker video downloads and clear video chats.
- Better signal strength when making a call or using the Web.
- Fewer dropped calls for peace of mind when talking to friends, family or colleagues.
- Improved voice quality with HD Voice, a Sprint standard for crystal-clear voice calls.
For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE portfolio and rollout, visit www.sprint.com/network.
Sprint Spark, an enhanced 4G LTE service covering more than 125 million people, is built for data and designed to deliver peak wireless speeds of 50-60Mbps today on capable devices. With its unique combination of network technologies, spectrum capacity and tri-band devices, Sprint Spark is designed to greatly improve the performance of video and other bandwidth-intensive applications. It enables stutter-free video chat on-the-go and mobile gaming that leaves lag behind.
How Sprint Spark Works
Sprint Spark combines 4G FDD-LTE at 800 Megahertz (MHz) and 1.9 Gigahertz (GHz) and TDD-LTE at 2.5GHz spectrum. Sprint Spark’s spectrum assets, technology and architecture are designed to deliver a seamless customer experience via tri-band wireless devices. Tri-band devices, named for their ability to accommodate multiple spectrum bands, support active hand-off mode between 800MHz, 1.9GHz and 2.5GHz, providing data session continuity as the device moves between spectrum bands.
- Today Sprint Spark is delivering peak wireless speeds per sector of 50-60Mbps on capable devices, with the potential over time to increase the peak speeds a customer will experience to well beyond 100Mbps. Sprint Spark has the potential to unlock applications, content and services that have previously only been experienced on the desktop, bringing them into the wireless and mobile dimension.
- (See how these types of applications could shape future lifestyles:“Vision of Connected Mobile Lifestyle
The Sprint network also includes nationwide HD Voice, a Sprint standard for crystal-clear voice calls. It provides a fuller, more natural-sounding voice, plus noise-cancelling technology that virtually eliminates background noise from places like a busy road or crowded restaurant. 
Wireless Network News: How Wireless Works for You
New Multi-Mode Base Station
The implementation of multi-mode technology throughout the Sprint network:
- Enhances service
- Creates network flexibility
- Reduces operating costs
- Improves environmental sustainability